Download 101 Tips for preparing your home.
Selling your greatest asset can often be a daunting task. At Burke & Smyth Real Estate we are here to walk you through the process to achieve the maximum result for you.
- When's the best time to put my property on the market?
- We can find buyers for a well presented property at any time of the year. However, if your home has seasonal appeal – such as a beautiful garden in spring, it’s worth waiting for those months.
- How long will it take to sell my home?
- On average, we find our properties take between six to ten weeks to sell. This does depend on property pricing and the area you live in, and you should add another two weeks to this for us to prepare your house and marketing campaign.
- How can I make sure my house appeals to buyers?
- A well-presented home usually sells faster, and at a higher price. Start by de-cluttering – put excess belongings and furniture into storage and you’ll make your home look bigger. Tidy up the garden and make sure the front of your home makes the right first impression.
- What pre-sale repairs or renovations really pay off?
- If a room is dark, look for ways to create more light. Quality taps and door handles can make an immediate impact for little investment, and a fresh coat of paint in a neutral colour gives the impression your home has been well maintained.
- Is it really worth paying for a home stylist?
- You only get one chance to make a great first impression. Investing a little in making your property look its best usually pays off with a higher sale price – however this is your decision. If your house is empty, it’s a good idea to hire some quality furniture. You’re selling a lifestyle, not just a home.
- Is it best to sell at Auction?
- We have found public auctions to be highly effective, especially when there are competing buyers. Emotional engagement and competitive tension can lead to a higher result. The alternative is a private treaty sale; this is also very popular in the market place. As each property is different, your Burke & Smyth estate agent can advise you on the best method for selling your home.
- How does Burke & Smyth achieve a premium sales price?
- We've developed a proven sales system to maximise the return on your home. It starts with understanding your goals in our first meeting, and discussing ways to increase your home’s value and present it in the best possible way. Every detail can make a difference.